I don’t know about you all but I’m finding that with each year that I grow older (mind you, it’s getting alarmingly faster each year) – I’m finding less and less time to do basic things in my life. Going for walks along the beach, taking long relaxing baths with a book, sitting around in front of a mirror and playing with all your new make up goodies are all a distant memory. Washing my hair now has become a race for me because I just want to get out and get started on my day of endless to-dos .
I wanted to share with all you time poor schmucks out there two of my favourite Aveda products that will be your superhero for the days where washing your hair is just not an option. As a mom-to-be I suspect this will become a luxury for me to find time to give my hair some proper TLC. Enter Shampure Dry Shampoo and Thermal Dry Conditioner from Aveda.
Together, these two products can revitalize second-day hair or fourth (let’s hope it doesn’t get to that stage too often but I’m not judging either) with its naturally derived ingredients leave your hair smelling so fresh that you’ll forget you haven’t actually washed your hair for a week!
Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo & Thermal Dry Conditioner
What It Will Do For Your Hair
- The Dry Shampoo will absorb any excess oil and give your hair the necessary boost it needs.
- The oil absorbing ingredients include cornstarch, oat kernel flour and tapioca starch, which combined, will leave you hair feeling revived, fragrant and voluminous.
- Using dry shampoo will allow you to preserve your blowout or style for an extra day or two.
- The Thermal Dry Conditioner will prevent the matte and dry look that dry shampoo can sometimes leave your hair with – particularly if suffer from dry hair already.
- The jojoba and sunflower oils will work to nourish and hydrate your hair. It will also act as a perfect detangler whilst restoring shine and moisture.
- It will also act as a heat protectant for when you need to use styling tools like curlers or straighteners.
How to Use Shampure Dry Shampoo & Thermal Dry Conditioner
Step 1: Use Shampure Dry Shampoo
Apply the powder mist directly to your roots and lift layer by layer into your hair and then massage this into your scalp with your fingertips to absorb the oil.
Make sure you first tip the bottle upside down to get the powder to the nozzle and then lightly squeeze or you’ll find yourself with a powder explosion.
Step 2: Use Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner
Make sure to shake the bottle well and focus the spray on the mid to end lengths of your hair and work this through with your fingers. Then simply style using your either a styling tool or any other styling product you like to use. My go-to is to use a curling iron when my hair is feeling a little unruly.
Make sure you don’t spray directly at the roots because you have natural oils there and this is somewhere where you don’t want the extra moisture.
Why You Need It
This isn’t something that you substitute permanently for washing your hair but a great alternative for when you are strapped for time. We shouldn’t wash our hair every single day because it can strip away our natural healthy oils in our hair but of course, it’s understandable that sometimes – it’s unavoidable.
- The Dry Shampoo goes on quickly and blends in easily
- The Thermal Dry Conditioner goes on as a fine mist and isn’t heavy so that your hair isn’t weighed down
- It protects your hair from heat damage and reinstates the natural movement to hair
- It smells divine with its 25 pure flower and plant essences which include ylang ylang, lavender and petitgrain
- It’s perfect for when you’re travelling as they are non-aerosol which means they’re carry-on and handbag friendly too
- They’re both incredibly affordable and cult must-have products
I’ve often seen my hair stylists at the Aveda Mineral Salon in Paddington use the Dry Shampoo after styling my freshly coloured hair to give it added volume and texture! So it’s really up to you how you choose to use these products!
I’d love to hear more about how you get through your cheat days when it comes to reviving your hair and what you use!