With less than six weeks till Christmas (yes, it’s frightening – I know) it’s time to get a jump on holiday gift planning. The last thing you want is to be fighting an elderly grandmother for parking at your local shopping center.
I was lucky enough to preview The Body Shop’s Enchanted Forest inspired collection last week and let me tell you – it really was magical. In a world where we’re constantly enveloped by digital devices and smothered with social media platforms (myself included), taking the time to embrace nature is just what the doctor ordered this holiday season.
Even with the rain clouds looming, the venue where guests were invited to immerse themselves in The Enchanted Forest was ethereal to say the least. Think crystal healing tents, potion bars and trees to hang and share your words of affirmation – can you feel the festive vibes?
As one of the pioneers of innovation and giving back to the community, The Body Shop is giving us the chance to give back to the community through two initiatives.
Re-Wild The World
It doesn’t matter if you purchase a bar of soap or a deluxe hamper because every purchase will help protect and re-wild over 10 million square metres of forest in England and Armenia. This is done through the World Bio-Bridge Mission, which aims to regenerate 75 million square metres of habitat and build 10 bio-bridges by 2020.
For those of us who aren’t David Attenborough – bio-bridges link isolated and endangered animals and plant species which allows them to thrive and breed again.
Australian Childhood Foundation
The Body Shop will be donating an additional $20,000 to the Australian Childhood Foundation, who help to bring love back to children affected by the trauma of abuse and violence. As a new mother, hearing about anything that helps children is always a cause to get behind!
The Body Shop, alongside Australian Childhood Foundation, will be using the funds to build the first ‘Healing Hearts Garden,’ designed to be a safe haven where children can heal and explore their senses in a restorative and natural environment. The first garden will be created in the Specialist Trauma Centre in Mitcham, Victoria.
Gift Ideas from The Body Shop
Here are my top picks from the Christmas collection that would make perfect presents and stocking fillers for your loved ones this festive season:
- The Enchanted Body Butter Trio – $25– the perfect stocking stuffer right here because everyoneloves a good body butter. You can gift it together or separate it as part of a more elaborate gift…
- The Mango Essentials Collection – $35– my favourite scent from The Body Shop by far and definitely my favourite out of the body butter range. I’ve been using this since high school and always find myself gravitating back to the mango scent each time I head into the stores.
- The Beard Care Kit (for him) – $35– a perfect little stocking stuffer for dad or granddad.
- The Black Musk Collection (for him) – $50– if you’re stuck for a gift for him then anything woody or musky will do the trick!
- The Strawberry Premium Collection – $55– if you ever want to smell good enough to eat then this is the perfect set for you. Probably a safe bet if you have a teenage daughter/cousin/sister/bestie that you’re struggling to find a gift for.
- The British Rose Ultimate Collection – $80– if you’re a classy gal then this is the set for you because you’ll be left smelling like an elegant flower after using anything from the rose collection. A great gift for mums/aunts/grannies.
- The 24 Days of The Enchanted Advent Calendar – $100– this is the standout for me because there’s $165 dollars worth of goodies inside this calendar and who wants a chocolate advent calendar when they can have this?!
- The Ultimate Facial Mask Experience Kit – $140– for those of you who love to pamper your skin and let’s face it (pun intended), is there anything better than a good facial?
- The 25 Days of The Enchanted Ultimate Advent Calendar – $250– now this one is the real deal because the calendar has $466 worth of goodies in it and I’m seriously IN LOVE with it.
There you have it – my Christmas picks for the holiday season with The Body Shop.
As a thank you to you all for your continued support of my blog, I’ve partnered with The Body Shop and will be giving away to two lucky winners the beautiful 24 days of The Enchanted Advent Calendar!!
Like my page on Facebook or Follow me on Instagram @helenchikx
Leave a comment below to let me know that you’ve entered!
Winners will be drawn on the 2nd of December, 2018. Please note, only Australian residents are eligible to enter this giveaway.
Images via Shayben Creative.