I’ve always been someone who identified favourites pretty quickly; either from just the initial texture, smell or colour – I can rule out a product within just seconds. It’s both good and bad because I’m sure I’ve missed out on some goodies in the past because I’ve expected it to work miracles within a blink of an eye. I find that I’ve always reverted back to the usual suspects despite being sent new products to trial every week. I thought I’d share with you what is on high rotation in my life right now.
- Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut – quite possibly one of my newest favourites for the month. I’ve always preferred a more masculine scent and this particular cologne is definitely earthier than any of my other scents. With green hazelnut top notes, cedarwood as the heart note and a base of roasted oak, it’ll have you picturing yourself getting blissfully lost in an enchanted forest.
- Aveda Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner – my love affair with all things Aveda started on my first visit to their salon four months ago and I haven’t been able to use anything else since. For someone who is prone to crunchy hair, having something that is non-grease and easy to use for added moisture to my hair is essential. It can protect your hair before styling, add softness to your hair after you’ve blown, straightened/curled it and it can also detangle stubborn knots.
- By Terry Tea to Tan Face & Body Spray – hand on heart; I’ve never used fake tan in my life. I don’t know if you’ve all noticed, I’m usually pretty dark so the need for it is very rare and I absolutely abhor the smell of the stuff. I tried this for the first time and instantly loved the glow it gave you minus the rub-off, smell and gross texture. The best part is that it only lasts until you jump into that shower. The antioxidant black and red tea extracts ensure that your skin is ready to fight any free-radical damage.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette – as part of Mecca’s 20th birthday celebration, this palette has been created and combining my favourites including lighting powder, blush and bronzer. Just enough sparkle to make you glow but not so much that you start looking like a fairy.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick – a staple now inside my bag and very often you’ll find three different shades floating about in the abyss that is my handbag. There is a shade for everyone – and when I say everyone, I mean everyone – even for the ladies from the cast of Avatar (haha).
- Mecca Cosmetica Multi-Purpose Plumping Balm – when you have products that have multiple purposes they quickly become essentials in your make up bag. A daytime moisturiser, a primer and complexion booster all in one that leaves you glowing and hydrated. The fact that it has elements of my favourite breakfast food; avocado oil is just a bonus.
- BenefitKa-Brow – been a long time favourite of mine now and the brush is so easy to use when it comes to shaping your brows. The colour is i
ntense but not in an un-natural way and lasts throughout the day.
- The Ouai Rose Hair & Body Oil – I use this for my body more than anything as I’m usually battling incredibly dry skin and need all the hydration I need. It soaks in quickly so you’re not left feeling slimy and thinking that you’re going to grease all over your clothes.
What are your favourites at the moment?