Who doesn’t love a good sale? I for one have been raised in a conservative family with a dad who literally tries to save 10 cents on toothpaste and chooses the No Frills over the Colgate. Being second-generation immigrant, I’ve been trained to always save a penny where I can. When it comes to clothing and just things that we females clearly have too much of – I always feel better splurging when I know it’s on sale. Over the years I’ve become a somewhat pro when it comes to shopping sales and thought I’d share my tips with you.
5 Tips on How to Shop Sales & Avoid Buyers Remorse:
- Avoid any fleeting trends because chances are, that sweater covered in pom poms and tassels may look good now but you’ll grow to loathe it after just a few wears – if that.
- If it’s not your size, let it go. Never try and force it because it will always be that little bit too small… or short… or wide… or loose… or a barrage of other things.
- Filter and Cull. There’s a reason why these sites spend so much money on their design and functionality; to make our lives easier. Make sure you filter down to your size to avoid any disappointment when you find the perfect pair of Aquazurra’s only to realise they don’t stock your size.
- Check the exchange and returns policy. Let’s face it, we always change our minds and there’s nothing worse than being stuck with an expensive piece of clothing that you absolutely hate but can’t exchange or return.
- Make a list. Plan ahead of sale season what you’re missing from your wardrobe and your shopping experience will be that much easier.
Revolve have their Friends & Family sale happening right now and if you use the code “20OFF” at checkout you’ll received 20% your order! (Conditions below and ends 8am 3/3) To help you pick through their arsenal of products I’ve curated my favourites for you and sharing some of the images from my recent trip to Hong Kong! Happy shopping and again, you can thank me later!
P.S If you have time then check out my good friend Justin’s photography because these fantastic images are courtesy of his genius behind the lens.
NB: This discount code cannot be combined with other offers. The discount code is not valid on pre-order items, cannot be applied to previous orders, gift card purchases, or applied to fees associated with shipping or taxes. Offer only applies to orders shipping to Australia and New Zealand. The discount code is not valid for use on the following brands: Alice + Olivia, A.L.C., Ash, Black Halo, Canada Goose, Citizens of Humanity, Common Projects, Diane von Furstenberg, Elizabeth and James, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, Joie, Love Moschino, Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Mason by Michelle Mason, M Missoni, Paige Denim, Public School, rag & bone/JEAN, 7 For All Mankind, Soft Joie, Stuart Weitzman, T by Alexander Wang, Theory, Vince, Wolverine. Other restrictions may apply. Eminent Inc. reserves the right to modify this promotion at any time.